Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
The Greater Peoria Family YMCA invites community members to apply for numerous job opportunities! We hire for membership desk, childcare, administrative opportunities, and more.
If you are interested in employment at the Greater Peoria Family YMCA, we encourage you to complete the application above and return it (and your resume if appropriate) to the Human Resources Department.
You may forward your application to:
Or mail it to:
Greater Peoria Family YMCA
Attn: Human Resources
7000 N. Fleming Lane
Peoria, Illinois 61604
Or drop it off at our Member Services Desk at the Y.
Before and After School Positions (Full-time & Part-time positions available)
The Greater Peoria Family YMCA is seeking a Before and After School Site Assistants. This position will assist the School Age Site Coordinator with all the Y School Age and School’s Out programs and ensure that a sound educational and recreational program is being implemented. This person reports to the Director of Youth and Family Programming. He/she understands that character development is the chief mission of the YMCA and personally exhibits a commitment to this goal and all YMCA functions. This person must have an understanding of the development of 5-12 year olds, be able to work with diverse populations, and have strong communication skills. Experience in a not-for-profit organization is a plus!
Membership Service Staff
This role will be the “face” of the Peoria YMCA by providing high quality customer service for members and guests of the YMCA. The perfect addition to our Member Engagement Team will:
- Be upbeat, mature and responsible candidates to work our membership desk evenings and weekends.
- Have excellent customer service, have basic computer skills, and be a fast learner, able to learn on-the-job.
- Maintain a positive and organized work environment contributing to a friendly and inviting atmosphere both emotionally and physically.
- Have a great phone manner, answering in a positive and courteous manner, handling questions as appropriate, referring calls to other staff members and taking accurate and complete information for messages when necessary.
- Greet members and guests enthusiastically when they arrive using the established check-in practice to provide access to the YMCA facilities.
- Encourage YMCA membership purchase and use.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints diplomatically within established guidelines and procedures.
- Work within the established record-keeping system to provide accurate information as payments are received for programs, classes and memberships.
- Assist in clerical and detail-oriented work such as mailings and return calls as work flow and work demands allow.
Group Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers
We are seeking experienced and energetic instructors for the Greater Peoria Family YMCA. Our Group Fitness Instructors lead group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels. Our instructors also effectively build a community within the class and has the ability to modify class as needed to meet varied health, ability and cultural needs. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Personal Trainers work one-on-one with Peoria YMCA members to reach their personal fitness goals. We are looking for qualified personal trainers to work on a part-time basis.
To apply complete the job application at the top of the page and submit in person or email to email@example.com
This position provides operational, supervisory, instructional and administrative support to the Senior Program Director for all CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) Programming. This position will assist in establishing new CATCH sites, conduct assessments and provide analytical support. The CATCH Assistant ensures all participants are afforded a quality experience and programs reflect the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. The duration of this position is contingent upon Grant funding, currently funded through December 2016. Hours vary Monday through Saturday, approximately twelve hours per week.