With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, our volunteers provide men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening our community. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Volunteer Application and drop it off at the YMCA or email it to email@example.com.
- Academic Support/Tutoring- Help with middle school students with their homework. Monday-Friday 4:00pm-5:30pm.
- Healthy Kids Day event volunteers needed. Saturday, April 29, 9am-noon.
- Midwest Food Bank – The Peoria YMCA provides volunteers the last Tuesday of each month, 2-4pm. We welcome all volunteers to help this amazing organization!
Togetherhood– “Our Y is running a nationwide program called Togetherhood. It provides Y members with an easy, fun, and rewarding way to volunteer for service projects that strengthen the community where we live. The program is led by a committee of Y members that helps organize and run four service projects a year. We are looking for Y members to join our Service Committee. Folks who are:
- passionate about the benefits of service and volunteering;
- represent the diversity of our community and membership;
- and are willing and able to be an advocate for the benefits of service with Y members and community partners.
The commitment for the members of this Service Committee will be to
- attend a minimum number of monthly meetings (time and date TBD) for a one-year term;
- select and lead, or co-lead, one of four community service projects each year, using the YMCA Togetherhood Toolkit;
- and invite members, friends, and family from within their social networks
If you are interested please email or call Paul Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org