BEST SUMMER EVER 2017
Click here for Online Summer Camp Registration
May 30th – August 11th, weekdays from 7am-5:30pm (Note: The start date is subject to change depending on snow days for Peoria Public Schools)
Welcome to the Greater Peoria Family YMCA’s summer day camp!
Camp is a super-lively, full-day, enrichment program focused on quality, small group, age-appropriate activities. We provide a Healthy Living experience for kids by educating on healthy foods choices and the right balance of physical activity. Kids stay motivated, entertained and are encouraged to make choices and exercise independent thinking.
The Peoria YMCA’s Camp is for kids 5-10 years old (going into Kindergarten-5th grade). For kids 11-13 (going into 6th-8th grade), we have our free Teen Reach program daily from 9am-3pm, plus before & after program for our members. Click here for more information on the Teen Reach summer program.
Each week is packed with an amazing variety of activities including multiple field trips to exciting places. Not only are the kids entertained and engaged, they’re learning new things, developing a healthy lifestyle and making new friends. No two weeks are alike! Some of the popular things your kids will enjoy every week are:
- Week 1: Arts & Humanities – creative projects and learning through the arts
- Week 2: Science Projects – fun and learning through hands-on exploration
- Week 3: Health & Fitness – staying fit, healthy and strong while having a blast
- Week 4: Large-group Games – playing Capture the Flag, Kickball, Scavenger Hunts and other popular kids’ games and sports.
- Week 5: Character & Values Activities – projects, skits and more to help the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility come to life
- Week 6: Service Projects – having fun while helping others
- Week 7: Operation Arctic – Vacation Bible School at Bethany Baptist Church
- Week 8: Kidventure – explore the world around around you
- Week 9: Water Activities – trips to pools, water parks and other wet and wild fun
- Week 10: Ninja Warrior – have a blast and challenge yourself on obstacle courses and fun activities
- Week 11: Super Heroes Week – Finish the summer in a super fashion
Intriguing weekly engaging activities and give kids topics to look forward to. Trained YMCA staff provides supervision, care and guidance for participants in this unrivaled summer program. It’s honest-to-goodness fun!
Summer activities include:
- Daily Swimming in our outdoor pool
- Swim Lessons twice a week with our qualified swim instructors
- Let your crazy side out! Backwards Day, Kookie Hair Day, Wacked-out Relays and more
- Art projects, games and field trips make the week so much fun
- We’ll play games like Sponge Tag, Water Balloon Volleyball, and Water Hose Limbo
- Guest speakers help us help others
- Team building activities that can create friendships for a lifetime
- Root for your team! Show your team spirit and sportsmanship through sports-related activities
- Science projects
- Nature walks
- Field Trips Include: Vacation Bible School at Bethany Baptist Church, Splashdown Water Park, Proctor Hult Center and many more!
DON’T FORGET SWIMWEAR AND SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY!
Here is what parents/caregivers need to know to register for the Peoria YMCA Summer Day Camp:
- 2017 Day Camp Checklist (1 of 7)
- OPEN – 2017 Online Registration (2 of 7)
- Parent Handbook (3 of 7)
- Discipline Policy
- Bank Draft Letter ( 4 of 7)
- Monthly Bank Draft Form ( 5 of 7)
- Change of Status Form ( 6 of 7)
- Financial Assistance ( 7 of 7 )
- Child Care Connection
You can register your child online or download and print off the pdf registration forms and drop them off, fax them 309.692.4892 , or scan and email them to me at Tammy.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please call: 309.692.7631, ext 223.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When does camp start and finish? May 30th-August 1st (Please note, there is no camp on 4th of July)
2. What does camp cost? We have a weekly rate only for summer camp. Members: $135.00/week; Non -members: $155.00/week; Registration fee: $35.00 non –refundable fee per family Check out the benefits of why you and your family should become a member of the Peoria YMCA!
3. What time does camp start and end each day? 7:00am-5:30pm – Our structured activities begin at 8:30am each day, so we ask that all children arrive by this time.
4. Do you offer scholarships? Yes, but you will need to apply through Child Care Connections (CCC) first. If you do not qualify for CCC, you may apply for financial assistance through the Peoria YMCA. Requirements are on our website for the scholarship by clicking HERE
5. Can I pay in cash at the start of each week? To eliminate the need to make weekly payments and provide a user friendly method, we use a a bank draft only option for the method of payment for camp. This ensures a higher quality of service to you and your family.
6. What if my child care needs change during the summer or our family takes a vacation? If you need to change the scheduled days your child is in our Before and After School Care or Summer Camp, a Change of Status Form must be completed 7 days prior to your child being away. If you neglect to submit a Change of Status Form one week prior, payment will be due. This policy allows for accurate staffing for camp. Click here for the Change of Status Form.
7. Do you accept children with disabilities? The Greater Peoria Family YMCA welcomes and encourages the participation of children and adults, including those with disabilities, in all of its facilities, classes, programs and activities. We are committed to the following the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to include but not limited to:
- A. Maintaining accessible facilities, classes, programs and activities;
- B. Promoting inclusion through reasonable accommodations; and
- C. Striving to make the recreational experience a positive and successful one for all.
If an individual with a disability requires assistance in order to successfully participate in one of our classes, programs or activities, or to use our facilities, a reasonable accommodation should be requested by the parent or guardian at the time of enrolling in the program or class. Participants visiting the YMCA’s facilities or taking part in the YMCA’s programs or activities must be able to participate in an independent fashion. Staff is not able to provide services of a personal nature, such as assistance in eating, toileting or dressing. Participants are welcome to bring a caregiver or aide if they need assistance with these activities. Personal caregivers/aides will not be charged program fees for programs or activities they are assisting in, but they are still responsible for paying costs, such as ticket or admission fees. Should a participant need support above and beyond a reasonable accommodation such as one-on-one support, medical assistance that requires medical training this will be provided at the participant or parent’s expense. If at any time the behavior of a participant jeopardizes the ability of the YMCA to provide a reasonably safe environment, any individual may be removed from programming.
7. What are your activities in camp? Swimming, field trips, Vacation Bible School, 4-H, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, arts & crafts, science projects, nature walks plus many other exciting activities!
8. Do you serve lunches? No, parents will need to send a healthy lunch and a water bottle to camp every day. We do however provide am/pm snacks.
9. What ages do you accept in camp? Camp is for kids 5-10 years old (going into Kindergarten-5th grade). For kids 11-13 (going into 6th-8th grade), we have our free Teen Reach program daily from 9am-3pm, plus before & after program for our members. Click here for more information on the Teen Reach summer program.
10. Do you anything for my 4 yr. old? No, children must be 5 years old and have been in a kindergarten setting for one year.
11. Do you offer overnight camp: No, the Peoria YMCA does not offer overnight camp, but other Y’s do offer them, see below for a few options.
Some YMCAs offer overnight camps that run from a few days to a few weeks in scenic outdoor areas that span from New Hampshire to Hawaii. Camp programs offer a wide variety of outdoor adventures led by trained and experienced leaders who guide children and teenagers in having an unforgettable experience. Expect new and fun activities that will add not only build skills, but great new friends and character values for life. Here are a few in the midwest.
- Camp Abe Lincoln– (Quad Cities 1 hour 40 minutes)
- Camp Benson– (Mt Carroll, IL; 2 hours )
- Camp Tecumseh – (Brookston, IN; 3 hours and 15 min)
The Camp Inc. Business Academy (Boulder, CO) is an elite business-focused overnight camp, where entering 6th to 12th graders come from all over the world to gain the skills necessary to become future leaders and innovators. – See more at: http://www.campinc.com/experience/