At the Greater Peoria Family YMCA we know swimming is a life skill as much as it is great exercise and a challenging sport. Whether your pre-school child needs an introduction to the water or grade school child needs to learn to swim, our Summer Swim Lessons has a class for you.
If you need to learn to swim as an adult, or just fine-tune your technique, you’ll find our experienced and accommodating staff very knowledgeable. We offer lessons for anyone from 6 months old to adult. The Greater Peoria Family YMCA’s outdoor pool is the perfect place for your family to learn, improve and enjoy swimming. We will give you and every member of your family a lifetime love of the water!
Summer Swim Lessons:
Eight Lessons are for individuals for ages 3 through adult and the program is available for members and non members. We have options for group, semi-private and private lessons. Classes fill up quickly, so early registration is recommended.
- Private Lessons: Members – $30/lesson.
- Semi-Private Lessons: Up to two people per lesson. Members – $45.
- Group Swim Lessons: Session times available in online registration or by clicking on the Summer Swim Team Registration Form link above. Members – $48/session; Non-members – $95/session.
- Parent and Toddler Swim Lessons: For kids 6 months to three years old. Parents are engaged with the child in the water. These lessons are designed to acclimate a child to water. Members – $48/session; Non-members – $95/session.
- Adult Swim Lessons: Members – $48/session; Non-members – $95/session. Online registration coming soon.
Summer Diving Program:
Summer Diving Program is for youth in 5th grade and older. Instructor to student ratio is 1:12. Lessons are 90 minutes in length and are available on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. The program is available for YMCA members and non-members.
Online registration is available for the 2016 Summer Diving Program. Click here to register online.
- Wednesday evening lessons – Members – $75/session; Non-members – $95/session; There are two sessions (June and July).
- Saturday morning lessons – Members – $75/session; Non-members – $95/session; There are two sessions (June and July).
- Both Wednesday and Saturday lessons – Members – $140/session; Non-members – $180/session; There are two sessions (June and July).