We would like to welcome each family and swimmer to the Greater Peoria Family YMCA summer swim team! The coaching staff is ready for another great season here at the pool. All participants in the summer swim team must be members of the Greater Peoria Family YMCA.
Saturday, April 23rd will be Swim Team Registration Day at the Peoria YMCA.
2017 Coming Soon – Click here for the 2016 YMCA Swim Team Handbook and Registration Form.
Most questions parents have about our Swim Team, the swim meets, practice and social activities can be found in the above 2016 YMCA Swim Team Handbook.
Registration can also be done online. Click here for online registration. – 2017 Coming Soon
- 11 & up – Monday-Friday 8am-9am
- 10 & under – Monday-Friday 9am-10am
- Pre-Team (Ages 3-10 who are newer swimmers) – Monday & Wednesday 10-10:30am
- Swim Team early bird registration (prior to May 1, 2016) – $120
- Swim Team late registration (after May 1, 2016) – $130
- Pre-team early bird registration (prior to May 1, 2016) – $80
- Pre-team late registration (after May 1, 2016) – $90
Swim Team Philosophy:
It is our philosophy that any swimmer who practices regularly, works hard, and tries to improve deserves as many opportunities as possible to swim at meets (some swimmers may swim more than others). The positive support of coaches, parents and teammates will help all of our swimmers to reach their goals of individual and team improvement. We must not measure success by how someone performs against teammates and opponents, but by how the swimmer performs against the clock and his or her own improvement. We encourage every swimmer to cheer for fellow teammates at meets and at practice.
The majority of our communication will be through our weekly newsletter, which will be distributed via email. Please make sure your email address is up-to-date in our database.
- Summer Swim Team email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/GPFYSUMMERSWIM/