Click on the links below for more information on our Youth Programs.
Y-ACHIEVEMENT Our after school program is made up of more than just a safe place for your child. Each day is filled with new and exciting activities to develop the students.
Our Teen Programs focus on: life skills, recreation, academic assistance, career exploration, volunteer and much, much more.
When Peoria Public Schools are out of school, we have programming for school aged children.
The Peoria YMCA Summer Day Camp goes until August 14th. There are still limited spots available if you are looking for summer child care for your child.
Programs include: basketball, soccer and more!
CATCH Kids Club is a physical activity program for youth aged 5-12. Members: One time $10 registration fee. Non-Members: $10 per day, per child.
This link will take you to the Partnership for a Healthy Community website, which is a community driven effort to improve health and wellness in the Heart of Illinois.
Every family can be a healthy family. Healthy Family Home, generously supported by Eli Lilly and Company, helps families across America improve their home environments to adopt healthier habits. Aligning with the Y’s cause of improving the nation’s health and well-being and promoting the belief that healthy children come from healthy families, Healthy Family Home focuses on a holistic approach by helping families integrate regular physical activity with healthy food choices and building healthy, strong relationships.
- Healthy Family Home Website
- Healthy Family Home Newsletter
- Healthy Family Home Adult Guide
- Eat Healthy
- Play Every Day
- Get Together
- Go Outside
- Sleep Well
Research shows us that 16% of children who are not reading proficiently by the end of third grade do not graduate from high school on time—a rate four times greater than that for proficient readers.
- Read for fun
- Build general reading skills
- Increase their reading confidence when they are out of school
Through a grant from Rotary North of Peoria, we are pleased to have all thirty-two titles of the Elf-Help books for youth and their families to read here at the Greater Peoria Family YMCA. If you would like to schedule a time to read these books to your children please ask the front desk.
Titles in the Elf-Help Series:
- God Is My Friend: A Kid’s Guide to God
- Time-out from Technology-A Kid’s Guide to Unplugging and Having Fun
- What Really Matters? A Kid’s Guide to What’s Really Important in Life
- What Happens When Someone Dies-A Kid’s Book About Death and Funerals
- Learning About Virtues: A Guide to Making Good Choices
- Fit Can Be Fun! A Kid’s Guide to Healthy Choices
- Worry, Worry, Go Away!
- Making Christmas Count
- Saying Goodbye, Saying Hello When Your Family Is Moving
- Feeling Bad, Getting Better: A Kid’s Guide to Illness and Injury
- It’s Not Fair: A Kid’s Guide to Being Treated Fairly
- Letting Go of Stress: A Kid’s Guide to Putting Worry in Its Place
- You Are You, I Am Me: Understanding Diversity
- Mad Isn’t Bad-Hardcover
- Happy to Be Me!-Hardcover
- Bye-Bye, Bully!-Hardcover
- A New Baby is Coming
- When Someone You Love Has Cancer
- Learning To Be A Good Friend
- Standing Up to Peer Pressure
- When Bad Things Happen
- Forgiving is Smart for Your Heart
- Bye-Bye, Bully!
- When Your Grandparent Dies: A Child’s Guide to Good Grief
- Keeping School Cool!
- Happy to Be Me: A Kids Book About Self Esteem
- Respect: Dare to Care, Share, and Be Fair!
- Right and Wrong and Being Strong: A Kids Guide
- Help Is Here for Facing Fear!
- When Mom and Dad Divorce, A Kid’s Resource
- Mad Isn’t Bad: A Child’s Book About Anger
- Sad Isn’t Bad: A Good-Grief Guidebook for Kids
- “Making a Boring Day Better” Elf-help Book