Youth Fitness, Physical Activity & Sport
Because lifestyle choices made in adolescence can have an impact on health in adulthood, it is critical that youth programs are designed to promote the health and physical development of children.
Our programs are designed to educate participants of ways to be healthy, which in turn may prevent diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and many other problems associated with unhealthy habits.
Co-ed Flag Football League
Flag Football Clinic – Hosted by the Midwest Hawks football team!
- When: Saturdays, January 21st & 28th
- Time: 9-11am
- Where: Peoria YMCA gymnasium
- Cost: Included in Flag Football League registration
Flag Football League Games – begin February 4th (schedule posted Feb. 1st)
- Description: CO-ED, NFL, FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE – Seven-week flag football league, includes a two-day training camp with local & professional football players. Each player receives an official NFL JERSEY!!
- Ages: 7-13 (Players will be selected by Director of Physical Programming and based on age and/or past performance.)
- Day of the week: Every Saturday
- Program Date Range:
- Training Clinic: January 21st & January 28th
- Schedule/Teams Posted on YMCA website: By January 27th
- Games Begin/End: February 4th – March 4th
- Program Start Time: Games will start between 9:00am-12:00pm
- Number of Sessions: 7 weeks (2 weeks of training & 5 weeks of games)
- Cost Member: MEMBERS-$55 and NON-MEMBER-$65
- Meeting Location: YMCA gymnasium
- Coaches: Our coaches will be Peoria area football players and coaches (from Peoria Notre Dame, Dunlap, Richwoods, etc.)
- Registration Available: November 1, 2016
- Registration Deadline: January 28, 2017
- Training Clinic Details: Two-day clinic (January 21st and 28th), from 9am-11am, with the Midwest Hawks Professional Football Team
TAEKWONDO FOR ALL AGES
- When: Monday & Wednesday
- Time: 6-7pm
- Who: All ages 3 and up
Individual Basketball Training
Our staff are available to help young athletes reach their personal potential and achieve their athletic goals. Our coaches create workout programs that focus on the individual needs of each athlete. Whether you need help with your shot or your defense, whether you’re a big man or a guard we are confident our trainers will teach skills that give players the EXTRA advantage on the court.
- 1 session = $40
- 5 sessions = $200
- 10 sessions = $400
Contact Heather Cassady, Director of Physical Programming, on email@example.com or 309 692 7631 ext. 205.